This page is updated regularly with the latest news and information on how Resonte is responding to COVID-19.
Thank you for your continued support for God's mission through Resonate. Requests continue to pour in from ministries worldwide that need help transitioning online, counseling, pastoral support, and extra funding. Thanks to faithful giving from donors like you, missionaries, church planters, and other ministry leaders are able to respond and adapt.
While we lament many ministry losses, we have hope as schools and churches begin working toward a new normal. Some ministry leaders have already discovered a renewed calling and are meeting the new needs in their communities. Others are still struggling to adapt and need your help. Right now, there are three important things you can do to continue to support the ministry you care about:
- Pray for your missionary, church planter, or campus minister: your Resonate ministry leaders are experiencing stress and anxiety just like everyone else. Please lift them up in prayer and ask God for health and safety.
- Live God’s mission through your church: across the US and Canada, Christian Reformed Churches are rising to the occasion, filled with the Holy Spirit and ready to make a difference. Please join with what your local church is doing!
- Make a gift: if you are able, please consider making a special gift to provide coronavirus relief. You can use the simple and secure form below to start.
Thank you again for your faithfulness in mission. Please encourage your loved ones and your church during this crisis, and continue to remember Resonate ministry leaders in prayer.
Make a Gift
You can help make a difference by donating to Resonate's special coronavirus relief fund. Choose an amount to begin:
Resonate Global Mission missionary Diana Boot should have been wrapping up a whirlwind cycle of Educational Care training with educators in Uganda and Kenya—but in late March, COVID-19 hit: schools closed and teachers weren’t able to meet for training.
After consulting with doctors and Resonate leaders, Diana thought it wise to return to Canada. She took one of the last flights out of the country before borders closed and has been continuing ministry as an encouraging mentor from her home in Ontario.
“The work of the Lord continues around the world,” said Diana. “We just have to be creative and find different ways to do that. One of the biggest ways for me to do that is to be a prayer partner and, on a personal level, help in ways I can.” Read more.
Latest COVID-19 News from Resonate
- Supporting a Church Plant in New York City
- Joining God at Work Right Outside Your Front Door
- Church Plant Provides Relief for Muslim Immigrants
- Resonate's Cohort in Central America Launches New Initiatives in Response to the Coronavirus
- It Takes a Network to Feed a Neighborhood
- COVID-19 in Uganda: An Uncertain Future
- Pointing People to God in the Chaos of COVID-19
- After the Easter Drive-In Worship Service You Helped Make Possible
- Resonate Volunteers Recover from Coronavirus
- How God Is Working through a 'Little Free Library' in Mexico
- COVID-19 in Taiwan: 'Conversations Quickly Take on a More Meaningful Impact'
- 'You Need to Know Your Faith to Be Able to Share It'
- How Are You Responding to God's 'New Thing' During COVID-19?
- Graduation and COVID-19: Congratulations from Resonate Campus Ministry
- Cohort Detroit during COVID-19: "It Can Take a Crisis, to Prove that the Church is the Church"
- COVID-19 in Berlin: 'For What We Have Given Up, We Have Also Gained'
- When Missionaries Can't Visit Your Church: Tips for Virtual Re-Connect during COVID-19
- IMPACT Clubs in Haiti Set Up Handwashing Stations for COVID-19
- Tips from a Campus Minister on Caring for University Students during COVID-19
- Resonate Helps Support Church Plants during COVID-19
- Community Engagement during Holy Week and COVID-19
- Sending You Encouragement during COVID-19
- How to Care for Your Missionary During COVID-19
- Community Engagement and COVID-19
- New Opportunities for Ministry in the Midst of COVID-19
Resonate Coronavirus Response Plan Details
For the health and safety of Resonate staff members, ministry leaders, and the communities they serve, Resonate has halted many meetings, trips, trainings, events, and other gatherings until further notice. Read the full details of Resonate's Coronavirus Response Plan here.
Encouragement from Your Resonate Ministry Leaders
Click the "share" button and send some encouragement to someone who needs it today!
COVID-19 Prayer Requests
- Pray for Resonate partner campus ministries as they plan for fall. Because of COVID-19, university campuses are going to look very different—and so will the opportunities to connect with and disciple students. Ask for God’s wisdom and guidance. Pray the Holy Spirit will open doors.
- Give thanks for the creative ways pastors and ministry leaders throughout the world are discipling people and reaching new communities with support from Resonate. Pray for the Holy Spirit to work powerfully through these ministry efforts.
- Resonate missionary Don Ridder in Costa Rica asks you to pray for people who live in shantytowns. Many don’t have work because of the coronavirus, and therefore can’t buy food. Please pray for God to provide for them.
- Pray for believers in the CRC who are stepping out of their comfort zones to build relationships with their neighbors. Please pray for the Holy Spirit to work through these new friendships to build God's kingdom.
- Resonate missionary Istifanus Bahago asks you to pray for health and protection for people in Sierra Leone. “Pray for … peace in the country," he said. "With the poor medical system, battling with COVID-19 is a big challenge.”
- Give thanks for how God continues to work in the midst of COVID-19. Resonate missionaries David Kromminga and Mary Buteyn pastor in Berlin, Germany, are still able to meet with their church plant online. They said some people are growing in relationship with one another and with God.
- Pray for Resonate missionaries, church planters, and campus ministers throughout the world as they adapt to the coronavirus crisis and its aftermath. Ask God to continue to provide new ways for these leaders to minister with their communities. May people who are anxious, stressed, or heavily burdened find hope and peace in Christ.
- Because of COVID-19, many Resonate church plant partners have been gathering worship communities online—and people who have never set foot in a church community (or haven’t done so in a long time) are tuning in. As we anticipate returning to normal gatherings and routines, ask the Holy Spirit to continue drawing people into a church community and into a relationship with Christ.
- Pray for CRC congregations in Canada and the United States as they find creative ways to engage their communities and join God on mission during COVID-19. Pray that people will be drawn to the love, hope, and peace of Christ.
Sign up for prayer requests delivered to your inbox each week: