Answering God’s call to spread the gospel in another community, country, or continent can be intimidating. If you have questions, fears, concerns, or doubts about becoming a missionary—don’t worry! You’re not alone. Answering God’s call to “go” is a journey, and we’re here to walk alongside you every step of the way. Here are a few practical steps you can take:
- Start by spending time praying, reading Scripture, and listening to what God has to say about his plans and purposes. Here are a few resources to help you better understand God’s mission.
- This article by John Piper explains a call to mission.
- What do you think it means to be a missionary? Sometimes people have misconceptions about what it means to be a missionary that can hold them back from serving. Here are 10 common misconceptions about being a missionary.
- You don't have to be seminary-educated or be ordained in the Christian Reformed Church to serve as a missionary with Resonate. But if you are ordained in the Christian Reformed Church, you can take a vocational ministry assessment and consult with Pastor Church Resources.
- Explore opportunities to serve. You can serve for a week, a few months, or a year. You can also apply for one of our career positions. If you’re not sure about your calling to long-term service, short-term service opportunities are a great way to discover your gifts and get a feel for where and how God is calling you to join him in mission.
- Connect with someone on staff. We’re happy to answer any questions or address any concerns, fears, and doubts you have. We’d love to get to know you better so we can work together to find a position and place that’s a good fit for you. Call or email us!