"And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"
In Romans 10:15, the apostle Paul identifies two important components of missions — those who “go” and those who “send.” Churches and missionaries are partners in mission, two halves of a team that God uses to extend his kingdom worldwide. They encourage one another, pray for each other, and share progress and challenges. Through their partnership, God is glorified and both parties are strengthened in their vision and mission.
Resonate Global Mission has more than 130 international missionaries serving in over 40 countries. That includes full-time Resonate missionaries as well as Partner Missionaries – CRC members who are employed by a variety of other ministry organizations.
Resonate also partners with churches and individuals to send volunteers to serve alongside our full-time international missionaries.
Resonate has two types of missionaries:
Resonate Career-Staff Missionaries are employed by the CRCNA and report to a Resonate Regional Mission Leader. Their ministry, budget, benefits, and fundraising goals are administered by Resonate. Resonate provides advancement support, planning and logistics, encouragement, learning, and care for these missionaries. Resonate Career-Staff missionaries use the updated missionary support model.
Partner Missionaries are employed by other agencies or institutions and are supervised by the staff of those institutions. Their ministry, budget, benefits, and fundraising goals are not administered by Resonate. Resonate provides advancement support, planning and logistics, encouragement, learning, and care for these missionaries. Partner missionaries’ fundraising goals are controlled by their employer.
There is a misunderstanding about what percentage of funds Resonate career-staff missionaries have to raise.
Many people think that Resonate missionaries raise 90% of their total costs. This is due to a miscommunication in the past. Under the 2014 missionary support model, missionaries had to raise 90% of their fundraising goal, not 90% of their total costs. The reality is that this percentage varies per missionary. It is true that missionaries raise the majority of their ministry costs, but general giving and Ministry Shares fund various missionary program costs as well.
Overall, in the updated support model, direct giving to missionaries covers roughly 75% of the total cost of the Resonate Career-Staff Missionary Program while general giving (including ministry shares) is raised to fund the remaining 25%.
Resonate’s advancement team fundraises for the “gap” between what is raised by missionaries and the total cost for the missionary program.
About a third of the funds for the Resonate Career-Staff Missionary Program come from general giving and Ministry Shares. Resonate’s advancement team will continue to raise these funds to ensure that missionaries are not solely responsible for the funding of the missionary program
The Johanna Veenstra Fund exists to help missionaries who have challenges in fundraising.
This board-designated fund assists missionaries, especially those who are ethnic minorities, remain in their ministry context when they have limited connections to “traditional” CRC congregations and supporters. It will continue to assist those qualified missionaries who may have fundraising challenges and have difficulty meeting their fundraising goal.