Throughout this week’s mission emphasis devotional, you explored what it means to live out Acts 1:8 in your own life.
But what now? What’s next?
Here are a few ways you can amplify your role in God’s mission:
Join our prayer team
Your prayers make a difference. You can sign up for Resonate’s weekly Prayer Points eNewsletter. Each Monday, we send a list of prayer points from missionaries, campus ministers, and church planters throughout the world. Sign up here.
Explore opportunities to serve
Check out opportunities to serve with Resonate. Resonate has both short-term and long-term service opportunities. God’s mission needs people with a variety of gifts, skills, and experience. You can find service opportunities here. Or connect with one of our amazing placement advisors. They'd love to talk with you about how God can use your gifts, skills, and passions.
Partner with ministry leaders on mission throughout the world
Give to Resonate. Resonate spreads the gospel through evangelism, discipleship, leadership development, and so much more in neighborhoods throughout the world. When you give to Resonate, you partner with experienced and skilled ministry leaders who are joining God on mission. They cannot do it without you! You can give here.
Simple steps for joining God at work in your neighborhood
Sharing the gospel can be intimidating. It can be hard to introduce yourself to someone—or know what to say or do once you meet someone new. But Resonate is confident that God works powerfully through friendships. Here are a few ideas from your Resonate regional mission leaders in Canada and the United States to help you join God where he’s working.
- Go on regular prayer walks in your neighborhood and pray for individual households.
- Volunteer with a local nonprofit organization.
- Host a casual gathering for your neighbors. Provide something affordable and simple such as a veggie tray, doughnuts, coffee, or lemonade. Make sure to keep it safe and follow COVID-19 guidelines.
- Offer to pray for your neighbors.
- Host a front yard prayer meeting.
- Set up a prayer box outside the front of your house.
- Write encouraging chalk messages at night so it surprises people in the morning
- Clean up trash from streets and parks
- Attend local neighborhood association meetings
- Be a “regular” somewhere in your community—a park, a coffee shop, the library, or somewhere else.
- Shovel your neighbors’ sidewalk, rake your neighbors’ leaves, mow your neighbors’ lawn
- Prepare three questions to bring conversations with your neighbors past “hello.”
- Start a podcast or a blog to share your thoughts and encourage others.
- Invite neighbors to run or walk with you at a set time each week.
Want to learn more about joining God at work in your neighborhood?
Join a Joining God in the Neighborhood online cohort or start a Go Local cohort with your church. Learn more here.