Internship opportunity available in rural West Africa mentored by cross-cultural workers with 25+ years of experience.
The team works in a large geographic area focused on community-level grass roots evangelism. This involves visiting remote villages by foot, meeting with community leaders, praying for people’s physical and spiritual needs, and distributing scripture to those who are interested.
Additional aspects of this holistic ministry include: health education, women’s health advocacy, burn care, and economic development education. The ministry is people focused, not project focused.
- Interns can expect to work, walk, pray, and learn alongside the long-term cross-cultural workers in their daily life and ministry. For male interns, this includes accompanying a senior mentor on multiple, one day to two-week stints away from the home village visiting and staying in various remote villages.
- The walking ministry is patterned after the model of Jesus sending out the disciples two by two in Mark 6:6b-10 and Luke 10:1-11. The male intern’s role is primarily focused on prayer, learning, observation, note taking, and carrying scripture (up to 40-60lbs).
- Time between trips is spent debriefing, preparing for future trips, mapping, cataloging notes, planning, correspondence, and administration.
- Time spent in the home village involves reading about and discussing missiology and development theory, as well as learning culture and language, and participating in times of team prayer, worship, intercession, discernment, and participating with other aspects of this holistic ministry.
- Expect significant amounts of manual labor for basic life functions.
- Love for the Lord
- Passion for the unreached
- Teachable spirit
- Posture of service
- Physically healthy ( No/few food allergies, no major health issues, and able to walk several miles with a heavy pack.)
- Willingness to accept the challenge of physical and cultural discomfort, remote and isolated living conditions, and significant growth in your own faith journey.
The holistic nature of our approach provides a range of possible internship focuses tailored to the intern’s specific interests, as well as long-term/career positions. We have experience in hosting university internships and providing documentation for credit.
Apply or Ask
Want to apply for this opportunity or learn more about it? Just fill out this contact form, please select your preferred contact method below and someone will get back to you with all the details you need.