Be a part of supporting the spiritual growth of staff members, people with disabilities and their family members through counseling, devotional planning, and trainings with Tesoros de Dios in Nicaragua.
The chaplain of Tesoros de Dios has the primary function of serving the staff members’ (and sometimes volunteers’) spiritual and emotional needs. This includes offering individual counseling and praying together, small group counseling and prayer, as well as planning staff devotions, retreats, and other general staff activities with designated committees.
Secondary to this will sometimes include supporting with church outreach work and serving families of Tesoros de Dios. In church outreach, we work with churches across Nicaragua in the area of inclusion of people with disabilities, and sometimes the chaplain may be asked to join in visiting a church or traveling to other regions of Nicaragua with a team of staff to share God’s heart for people with disabilities. Also, the family counselor may seek support with specific families needing additional support or trainings to share with a group of parents.
About Tesoros de Dios:
God’s Treasures (Tesoros de Dios) is a non-profit organization that exists to equip individuals with disabilities to reach their fullest potential. The mission is to support the holistic development of children and youth with disabilities in Nicaragua and build partnerships with families, schools, churches, and communities.
This is done in a number of ways, including providing weekly services on site in special education, early intervention, physical & occupational therapy, horse therapy, speech & language for around 135 children & adolescents, as well as through an outreach program, working with schools, churches, and communities around Nicaragua, for the inclusion of people with disabilities.
- Plan staff devotions along with the spiritual committee.
- Provide individual counsel to staff members as requested/needed.
- Provide trainings/teachings on different themes related to emotional & spiritual needs/health.
- Meet with small groups of staff members for more personal sharing and healing.
- Lead book studies with groups of staff members (for example, Soul Care).
- Organize the staff retreat with a committee.
- Support the family counselor with leading devotions or trainings with the families or counseling families, per request.
- Support staff members in different areas that may be needed (cleaning, possibly driving, etc.).
- Support the church outreach team as needed/requested.
- Loves Jesus & has spent significant time studying His Word (both personal & intellectual knowledge)
- Experience counseling individuals, couples, and groups of people
- Preferably has a degree in some form of pastorship or counseling
- Experience leading others in devotions and providing Biblical teaching
- Lives a life of integrity & is respected
- Spanish language competency
Apply or Ask
Want to apply for this opportunity or learn more about it? Just fill out this contact form, please select your preferred contact method below and someone will get back to you with all the details you need.