Each summer, 300 youth from all across Eastern Europe come to study English on the campus of LCC International University for the Summer Language Institute (SLI) program. The heart of the program is to help students improve their English language skills and gain a better understanding of what it might be like for them to go to college.
The Resident Director is a professional staff member residing on campus. He or she is responsible for the implementation and development of the residence life program in LCC's residence halls throughout SLI in the month of July. LCC houses and provides programming for participants (secondary school, college-aged, and adult students as well as North American educators) in the residence halls’ facilities, alongside the LCC undergraduate students residing there.
- Work alongside other Resident Directors to coordinate both the SLI program and LCC residence life program occurring in the residence halls during the month of July.
- Coordinate with the SLI team to facilitate programs and provide services specifically for the secondary school students living in the residence halls.
- Initiate contact and host resident students in order to develop relationships; identify and encourage leadership abilities; and create ministry opportunities.
- Promote community in the residence halls through events, programs, conflict resolution, and instilling a sense of ownership and care for the physical building among all residents.
- Build community among the Resident Assistant (RA) staff through team meetings, professional development, and social activities.
- Ensure on-call availability for emergency incidents, security issues, and be a resource and back up for Resident Assistants.
- Enforce and take appropriate disciplinary measures in the area of student conduct and residence hall policies in accordance with LCC community standards and discipline procedures.
- Participate in various other related duties or independent projects related to campus needs and/or SLI program needs, as well as attendance at Student Life/University functions.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- Previous work in Residence Life and international experience is preferred.
- Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; ability to initiate relationships and develop rapport with students; understanding of developmental concerns of young people; ability to encourage personal/spiritual growth in others and implement programs.
- Required to live in a staff apartment located in a residence hall
- People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment. Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.
- Self-funded. Housing on campus is provided.
Pre-field reading is required, and volunteers are required to attend Resonate Global Mission's Volunteer Orientation May 29 - 31, 2019. All volunteers will also participate in 3-4 days of on-site orientation as part of becoming familiar with the program and the cultural context. The field suggests reading the novel Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys.
Cost for airfare depends on departing airport.
LCC International University provides Christian liberal arts education within a diverse learning community that transforms people for servant leadership. Vision Statement: To engage students in a transforming educational experience in order to create a generation of leaders for Lithuania, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia who think critically, promote democratic ideals, develop a market economy, and re-build the network of civil society within the context of a Christian worldview.