Resonate Global Mission of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA), has a full-time career position for an Education Consultant for West Africa. The Anglophone West Africa Education Consultant is responsible to facilitate the development, strengthening, and improvement of primary through secondary level Christian education throughout Nigeria and other Anglophone West African countries.
For more information, fill out the form below. To apply, visit this page.
1. Dialogue with Christian schools throughout Anglophone West Africa, both directly and through associations of Christian schools.
2. Mentor and encourage key leaders in the Christian school movement.
3. Assess teaching materials and methods used in Anglophone West African schools and integrate the best of these into the development of Christian school curriculum.
4. Participate in the training of teachers to integrate a Biblical worldview into their teaching.
5. Participate in the training of Christian school administrators to competently administer their schools.
6. Interact and collaborate with other Resonate missionaries involved in education in West Africa.
7. Encourage and coordinate the involvement of other organizations in Christian school development in Anglophone West Africa, especially other CRCNA-related agencies.
8. Participate in African and worldwide discussions of Christian education.
9. Identify and develop strategic ministry opportunities for short-term volunteers that utilize the skills and strengths of the CRCNA in the development of Christian education.
10. Work with country team leaders in the orientation, mentoring and supervision of volunteers while they are in West Africa.
11. Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care, and financial support) for Resonate ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals.
12. Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
13. Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions.
14. Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
15. Communicate the nature and value of Resonate’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements.
1. Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
2. Demonstrated passion for Christian education.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions.
4. Demonstrated intercultural experience and competence.
5. Self-motivated and proven quality administrative and organizational skills.
6. Training and experience in cross-cultural ministry, preferably in an African context or in global missions.
7. Fluency in English.
8. Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field; Master’s degree in Education, or related field, preferred (completed or in progress).
9. At least 3 years of experience in Christian Education (preferably in both classroom teaching and administration).
For more information, fill out the form below. To apply, visit this page. Someone from our team will be happy to tell you more about this position.