Serve and learn within existing incarnational ministries working with environmental projects, at-risk children, youth, and families, community health, small business development or English as a Second Language outreach to develop deep cross-cultural relationships and experience the rich hospitality, cultural heritage, and natural beauty of the Dominican Republic.
Come to the Dominican Republic to engage in service and learning as part of a transformational and missional network. You will see and experience what God is doing through these amazing people in these amazing places.
You will have to opportunity to:
- Serve along-side ministry peers and mentors among the least, the last, and the lost.
- Learn about social and cultural issues in the places of vulnerability.
- Grow through spiritual formation.
- Engage in theological reflection with your peers and mentors.
- Team up with young leaders and experienced men and women who serve among high risk populations in hard places.
The specific responsibilities will be customized to the interests, gifts, and experience of each volunteer. There are opportunities among ministries with a variety of specialties such as:
- Environmental projects: recycling projects, disaster preparedness, soil conservation, organic agriculture, environmental education, etc.
- Incarnational ministry among at-risk children, youth, families, and communities.
- Community health: work with Christian medical providers in marginal communities (requires previous health related experience).
- Small business development and micro-credit: come along-side entrepreneurs to assist in making a business plan, improve accounting practices, and promote sustainable business practices.
- English as a second language community service and outreach.
- Church membership
- Complete the Resonate volunteer application process
- Adhere to Resonate & partner’s vision, mission, values, and policies
- Experience or training appropriate to the particular interest
- Most placements require significant Spanish language
- Raise sufficient funds
Apply or Ask
Want to apply for this opportunity or learn more about it? Just fill out this contact form, please select your preferred contact method below and someone will get back to you with all the details you need.