An opportunity to serve in the ministries of the Reformed Church in Hungary, live in community with other young adults, and cultivate skills for lifelong learning and faith development
Spend a year in Hungary serving with the Reformed Church in Hungary. We'll help you find a service placement that fits your passion and interests, such as church communications, pastoral leadership, refugee resettlement, and more.
Resonate missionaries Jeff and Julie Bouman will walk alongside you through a year of growth and exploration as you navigate your own vocation and role in the city and beyond. You'll live in community with other volunteers and participate in the larger community of the church in Hungary. Engaging with local partners, local congregations, and your fellow volunteers, you'll explore the city and develop a contextualized understanding of Hungarian culture.
You'll learn some Hungarian language, be introduced to the historical and cultural context of Eastern Europe, and engage with God while living in an international city.
This placement is a part of the Cohort Europe program. As a participant in this program you'll have direct contact with other Resonate volunteers serving in Berlin, Germany and Klaipeda, Lithuania. You'll begin your year together with a common orientation, and during the year you'll visit and host one another, being exposed to a variety of programs operating in different European contexts. With a shared curriculum and regular meeting times, you'll be able to grow in fellowship with your Cohort counterparts across the continent.
- Participate in language training
- Participate in a curriculum introducing you to the Hungarian church context
- Meet once a month with other Cohort Europe volunteers for learning and fellowship
- Meet bi-monthly with an on-site supervisor for mentorship
- Volunteer approximately 30 hours per week with ministries of Reformed Church of Hungary and/or other related organizations
- Demonstrate a commitment to the the life of a local church
- Professing Christian and active in a church
- Interest in cross-cultural ministry
- University degree is helpful, but not required
- Open to young adults
Apply or Ask
Want to apply for this opportunity or learn more about it? Just fill out this contact form, please select your preferred contact method below and someone will get back to you with all the details you need.