Resonate Global Mission has an International opening for a Church Developer in West Africa.
In this position, you will work closely with leaders of the Christian Reformed Church of Nigeria (CRC-N) to develop sustainable ministries that are already taking place in Niger State. This person will also participate in ministry in RCC Niger, specifically through providing Timothy Leadership Training and other courses for present church leaders in the area.
- Work with CRCN’s Regional Church Council (RCC) Niger and broader CRCN leaders to develop greater CRCN ownership and encourage CRCN decision-making regarding future of ministries in RCC Niger.
- Deepen relationships between RCC Niger and the broader CRCN.
- Develop the capacity of the CRCN RCC Niger pastors and evangelists by leading them through Timothy Leadership Training modules and other relevant courses.
- Encourage church leaders through personal visits.
- Preach in local churches and participate in other local ministries as invited and as time permits.
- Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support - at least 90% of the average cost of a missionary) for CRWM ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals.
- Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
- Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions.
- Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
- Communicate the nature and value of Resonate's ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
- Passion and demonstrated aptitude for training ministry leaders
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions
- Demonstrated intercultural competence including good observation and listening skills
- Strong sense of call, relational ability, ministry gifts appropriate to assigned ministry
- Proven administrative and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of teaching and/or ministry experience including cross-cultural experience
- Flexibility in regard to West African travel, communication, and living conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Working with infrequent electricity, hot and humid climate, limited internet
- The position will be located in Niger State, Nigeria
- Ability to travel internationally