We long to see an increasing number of diverse, locally rooted, and globally connected congregations and ministries bearing faithful witness to Christ’s reign and actively making disciples who live in the way of Jesus. This vision takes place through starting new churches and through strengthening existing churches. No matter which phase of life your congregation is in, these are some of the resources available for being a mission-shaped congregation.
Great Lakes RAVAH Gathering
This gathering provides support, encouragement, prayer, and training for Great Lakes church planters. Open to anyone currently involved or interested in planting new churches. Contact Jon Huizenga or Roland R. for more information.
Coaching is the process, guided by the Holy Spirit, of coming alongside ministry leaders, teams or groups to help them discern and realize God’s call for their life, leadership and ministry. Contact our office 616-224-0753 to be connected with a coach.
See more information about Starting New Churches
Great Lakes Church Plants
For more information, visit the Starting Churches page.
Resonate has seen churches discover new practices for connecting with their community through the Go Local process. Initially we piloted it in three sites, including classis Grand Rapids North. We are able to start a new cohort whenever we have at least 4 churches interested. Please contact our office to learn more, or to schedule a “Taste of Go Local.”
Our coaches help your congregation discern the tools and resources that will help you bear faithful witness to Christ's reign and actively make disciples who live in the way of Jesus. Call us for a list of coaches that will fit your coaching needs. (616) 224-0753
MissionInsite Demographic Survey
Demographics that help church members connect to their communities. These reports are free for CRC churches in the US and someone from our team can guide you and your congregation through the report. Contact the Great Lakes office to get started. firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources for Discipleship
- Coaching opportunities
- Training events
- Congregational Consultation: A process facilitated by a trained coach, involving leadership retreats and tools such as those listed below.
- Healthy Church: A CRCNA-developed church health assessment and planning coach-supported process providing congregational opportunity to discuss and process the results of an eleven-category health survey that can serve as a basis for ministry plan development.
- Willow Creek's REVEAL: A process based on a spiritual life survey that provides a clear snapshot of spiritual attitudes and behaviors of congregational members.
- Ridder Congregational Leadership Initiative: A two-year process that works through the pastor and a small leadership team of a church, using a series of retreats to bring additional clarity and mission momentum to a congregation.
- Calvin Theological Seminary Renewal Lab: A two-year renewal journey for the purpose of developing intentional missional congregations that make more and better disciples who transform lives and communities for Christ