Do you have a passion for developing opportunities for Christians to be engaged in mission? We have a full-time opening for a Volunteer Ministries Program Manager, based in either our Grand Rapids or Burlington office.
In this position you will both work with ministry leaders and churches to create opportunities to support their discipleship for mission. Resonate's Volunteer Ministries team is a group of people passionate about helping people join God's mission. The Volunteer Ministries Program Manager will be responsible for developing volunteer opportunities as well as coordinating resources and training for volunteers.
This position will have the opportunity to travel within North America and overseas for appropriate events and donor trips. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills in planning, promoting, and organization as well as a disciplined, self-motivated working style. Apply today or share with someone you know using the link below:
Application Deadline: August 20, 2021
Pay: $70,955/year (US) and $72,325/year (CAD)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, oversight and support to the Volunteer Ministries program.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for Volunteer Ministries in collaboration with appropriate leadership, program and advancement staff ensuring alignment and contribution towards Resonate values and priorities.
- Ensure that new & existing program procedure and policy are compliant with Resonate/CRCNA policies.
- In collaboration with Program staff, develop necessary training curriculum for volunteers, the host site and sending churches for successful placement.
- In collaboration with the Donor Engagement team, support the stewardship and fundraising effort leading to financial support for the program. Ensure effective fundraising & stewardship practices are followed by volunteers.
- In collaboration with the marketing & communications team, develop and implement a marketing plan for effective promotion and awareness of volunteer opportunities and activities.
- In collaboration with regional / program teams develop resources for the sending church for effective engagement of the volunteer experience.
- Invest in collaborative working relationships with Resonate colleagues and CRCNA staff that reflect and support Resonate Core Postures.
- Support placement managers with all aspects of the Resonate volunteer program and take on the placement of individuals and groups as needed.
- Research and develop, in collaboration with Resonate missionaries, partner missionaries, partner ministries and North American regional leaders, current and new placement sites and monitor compliance.
- Interview, evaluate, and match volunteers and groups according to identified service opportunities.
- Develop comprehensive volunteer service packages for individuals and groups.
- Monitor revenue and expenses. Approve monthly financial reports for reimbursement in compliance with Resonate finance policies.
- Assess, monitor, and respond to the needs of volunteers on the field.
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Volunteer Ministries team
- Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement.
- Good knowledge of the Christian Reformed Church, its agencies, and ministry partners, an asset.
- Developed leadership skills in promoting team collaboration and in supporting staff and volunteers in their various roles.
- Professional, cooperative demeanor; flexible and adaptable team player.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and give high attention to details and deadlines.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, project management, development of training curriculum, problem solving and management of complex budgets.
- Ability to facilitate creative problem solving among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision.
- Excellent active listening, verbal and written communication skill and proven ability to relate cross-culturally.
- Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others.
- Advanced skills in Google Suite.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience required.
- Extensive volunteer management experience required.
- Cross-cultural experience required.
- Experience in coordinating international volunteers is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties listed in this description are representative of the type of work and work environment
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel domestically between the United States and Canada as well as internationally for meetings, conferences and mission and donor trips at least 10% of the time.
- Ability to work outside of the normal work hours to accommodate volunteer schedules and time zone changes.