April 6, 2023
Is it possible God has sent you into your neighborhood? Sharing the gospel starts with building relationships with your neighbors.
Mission is not limited to missionaries serving overseas, worship gatherings at church, or planned programming and outreach events. God has sent every single one of us to be a witness to the gospel—and is it possible God has sent you into your own neighborhood? Sharing the gospel starts with building relationships with your neighbors. Here are twelve conversations starters you can use to help break the ice.
- What did you do over Easter weekend? How do you usually celebrate Easter? What traditions have been a part of your experience?
- What are you looking forward to this summer?
- When you’re not working, what do you like to do? (What are some of your hobbies and interests?)
- What do you like about our neighborhood? Or what attracted you to this neighborhood? What do you think would make it even better? (If you don’t already know, you might want to start by asking how long they have lived in your neighborhood.)
- What hidden gems have you found in our neighborhood? What has kept you here? What have you appreciated most about living here?
- I’ve noticed you like to _____ (garden, bike, tinker in your garage, bake, etc.) How did you get interested in that?
- Tell me about your family…
- What do you like about your job or school?
- What movies or shows are you watching these days? (Or what podcasts are you listening to, what books are you reading, etc.?)
- What's been the best part of your day so far?
- What have you bought lately that you really love?
- What have been some highlights of your year so far? (Might also create an opportunity to ask about the lowlights.)
- What groups or organizations are you involved with?
What conversation starters would you add to this list? Let me know: email@example.com
Karen Wilk is Resonate's Go Local Catalyzer