Work alongside Casa Adobe residents, local community members, and relevant organizations to develop a watershed education and outreach initiative for the Rio Virilla watershed.
The urban streams that make up the Rio Virilla watershed, flowing out of San Jose metropolitan area, are some of the most polluted in Central America. Currently, there are very few efforts to address this issue, and public consciousness of watershed pollution and stewardship is very low. As an intentional Christian community within the watershed and close to the river, we feel called to reconcile our broken relationship to this forgotten force of creation.
- Spanish language experience and cultural sensitivity are essential.
- Humility and a willingness to learn are extremely important.
- The courage to explore new situations and the self-confidence to treat a wide variety of people as equals are needed.
- Environmental Science background: Must have some background in environmental studies and/or ecology.
- Experience in watershed management and outreach is highly preferred.
- Workers must be in good physical shape with the ability to travel internationally. This position could involve significant walked in the neighborhood and river valley.
Cost will vary and depend on departing airport, length of service, and language skills.
Approximate in-country costs:
- Food: $150 per month
- Accommodations: $490 per month
- Ground transportation: $50 per month
- Ministry expenses: $50 per month
- Admin supplies: $25 per month
- Communication: $25 per month
- Visas: $250
- Language classes can run $115 per week
You must be able to attend orientation at Resonate Global Mission's office in Grand Rapids, Michigan. The dates of orientation are May 29-31, 2019.