Resonate Global Mission, a ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) has an International opening for an Urban Training Collaborative Coordinator in South Africa. The Urban Training Collaborative Coordinator will provide leadership and development of local urban training initiatives and hubs in South Africa and the Eastern and Southern Africa region. As cities in South Africa and the continent grow at a fast pace and in unique ways, this strategic position intentionally identifies, connects, and forms incarnational leadership who will journey with the most vulnerable and create communities of practice for loving their city.
- Identify and create incarnational communities of practice and develop transformative processes for healing, shared learning, and diversity.
- Develop and provide training programs for African urban theological education and lay and young adult leadership development toward social engagement within urban contexts.
- Evaluate and revise existing training programs and facilitate the development of new programs and training opportunities appropriate to different urban contexts.
- Explore tailor-made training, reflection opportunities and vision trips with the communities of the core faith-based organizations and churches in South Africa.
- Facilitate the development of the African Urban Theology Network and the Society for Urban Theology.
- Strengthen, expand, and coach the Urban Training Collaborative network throughout South Africa and the Eastern and Southern Africa region.
- Return to North America periodically for Re-Connect visits and report on God’s mission within South Africa and listen for ways to connect in mission within North America.
- Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its urban mission, encouraging a deeper passion and involvement in global and local mission opportunities.
- Facilitate reciprocal exchanges between the CRCNA and ministry collaborators in South Africa to experience the embodiment of reconciliation in Christ.
- Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for urban ministry among minority racial/national/religious/ethnic groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
- Communicate the nature and value of Resonate's priorities to the CRCNA and others through written communications (at least quarterly), and through teaching and speaking engagements, especially on Re-Connect visits.
- Raise prayer, care, and financial support for the ministry of Resonate by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
- A love for people and the city.
- Ability to adapt to various urban environs in South Africa and the region.
- A discerning spirit and willingness to learn and work with local communities.
- Motivation to cultivate the unity and diversity of the Body of Christ.
- Intercultural competence.
- Quality administrative and organizational skills.
- Appropriate technological skills.
- Effective oral and written communication to facilitate networking.
- Ability to work with people from different theological, cultural, and vocational backgrounds.
Master’s degree (completed or in progress) in an appropriate field.
Minimum of five years serving in global missions, preferably in Africa.
You can learn more and apply online here.