Resonate partner Tesoros de Dios in Managua, Nicaragua, is searching for a Team and Volunteer Coordinator. Translated as "God's Treasures," Tesoros de Dios serves children with disabilities such as cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, hydrocephaly, and autism. Through programs and family support, Tesoros de Dios provides tools to help children reach their full potential physically, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually.
As a nonprofit ministry, Tesoros de Dios relies on volunteers to help meet the community's needs—and the ministry needs a passionate and organized individual to coordinate and lead teams and individual volunteers as they serve.
As the team and volunteer coordinator, you will:
- Give tours. Show visitors around the property, highlighting important information about Tesoros de Dios' history, services, and programing—providing them with a vision for the ministry's future.
- Be in communication with potential teams and volunteers, answering questions and providing information.
- Establish relationships with staff and families at Tesoros de Dios and volunteers or team members from abroad.
- Arrange budgets, guesthouse or hotel reservations, meals, transportation, and tourist activities for visiting teams.
- Fill out and submit government documentation for upcoming teams and long-term volunteers.
- Must be present to pick up teams and volunteers from the airport.
- Must be at Tesoros de Dios at all times when volunteers are on site.
- Provide insight on how volunteers can best serve in Nicaragua and at Tesoros de Dios.
- Provide instruction on how to interact with children with disabilities and their families.
- Manage and direct volunteers while they are at Tesoros de Dios.
- Be available to translate when necessary.
- Prepare projects, materials, and staff members for volunteers before the team arrives.
- Oversee any project and/or activity volunteers are involved in.
- Be able to provide information about Nicaragua and the culture.
- Facilitate a short debriefing time with group about their experience.
- In coordination with the welcoming committee, provide thank-you cards for all teams and volunteers.
- Give updates through social media to keep past volunteers informed of Tesoros de Dios.
- Follow up with past groups and volunteers; update volunteer guest book with contact information for Board follow-up.
- Personal relationship with Jesus and active local church involvement.
- Fluent Spanish is recommended, but not required. If not fluent in Spanish, willing to learn.
- Good understanding of North American and Nicaraguan cultures.
- Good interpersonal skills and initiative.
- Organized and able to multitask and plan ahead.
- Computer Skills: able to use Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Google Docs.
- Experience working with persons with disabilities recommended but not required.
Cost depends on the length of service.