This Resident Assistant is a staff member residing on campus responsible for the implementation and development of the residence life program in LCC's residence halls throughout the Summer Language Institute (SLI) in the month of July.
LCC International University provides Christian liberal arts education within a diverse learning community that transforms people for servant leadership.
Vision Statement: To engage students in a transforming educational experience in order to create a generation of leaders for Lithuania, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia who think critically, promote democratic ideals, develop a market economy, and re-build the network of civil society within the context of a Christian worldview.
This Resident Assistant is a staff member residing on campus responsible for the implementation and development of the residence life program in LCC's residence halls throughout the Summer Language Institute (SLI) in the month of July. LCC houses and provides programming for participants (aged 15-18) in the Residence halls’ facilities, alongside the LCC undergraduate students residing there.
- Resident Assistants (RAs) work closely with the Resident Directors (RDs) to make the residence halls safe, friendly, and fun places to live and learn.
- Previous work in Residence Life, Youth Work, and International experience is preferred.
- Strong individual and group interpersonal skills; ability to initiate relationships
- Ability to encourage personal/spiritual growth in others and implement programs
- Required to live in a Residence Hall in room with students
- People-oriented, creative, sincere, and depth of Christian commitment
- Exemplary lifestyle
- Desire to promote community involvement
- Firm commitment to LCC's mission, community standards and statement of faith.
- All staff will participate in 3-4 days of on-site orientation as part of becoming familiar with the program and the cultural context
- We often suggest the novel Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys as an engaging look into one of the region's most significant events in recent history
- Living in Lithuania requires individuals to be more physically active than might be the case in North America - more walking, e.g. Ability to travel internationally, handle own luggage, etc., and keep the demands of an intensive program schedule (work hours into the evening, etc.) are also necessary
- *The estimated cost is $300-$500. It does not include airfare.
Apply or Ask
Want to apply for this opportunity or learn more about it? Just fill out this contact form, please select your preferred contact method below and someone will get back to you with all the details you need.