Do you have a passion for sharing the love of Jesus by teaching children? Join the team at New Generation Christian School in Ukraine! The special education teacher is responsible for assisting students who need extra or special educational help, as well as those who need individual help with English language learning. This position may include working with students individually, in small groups, or in their classrooms. This person may also serve as a classroom aid to English-speaking teachers.
- Provide extra assistance to students with special learning needs or those experiencing difficulties with learning in American program classes.
- Assist American program teachers in their classrooms.
- Speak with the students in English, both during English lessons and in general conversation.
- Assess progress and address specific needs of students in English language learning.
- Coordinate with teachers and parents of students who need extra help.
- Communicate with the director, other teachers, and parents as needed regarding behavior and other needs of students.
- Communicate with the director and office manager regarding any supply needs.
- Invest in relationships with the students and their parents.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
Help as needed with various functions and activities of the school including substituting for other teachers or staff; acting as a chaperone for school events; and leading or helping with morning opening activities.
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and personally holds to the school’s statement of faith.
- Active member of a local church.
- Enjoys working with children. Prior experience working with children and/or teaching English to children is desired.
- Possesses the ability to flexibly adjust teaching material to the needs and learning styles of various students.
- Fluent in writen and spoken English. Conversational Russian and/or Ukrainian is helpful but not necessary.
- Understands how to integrate biblical truths and principles into various subjects.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Agrees with and shares the mission and vision of New Generation Christian School.
- Approximately $500/month in living expenses (includes rent, utilities, food, transportation, personal needs, entertainment) for a single adult. This is an estimate for a relatively low-budget lifestyle and doesn’t include additional travel or personal expenses.
- Approximately $1,000 in airfare.
- Approximately $1,000 in visa and registration fees.
- Additional costs for desired insurance.
Because we are a national school with Ukrainian students who need to fulfill Ukrainian educational requirements, only a portion of subjects are taught in English. Remaining subjects are taught in Ukrainian by a Ukrainian teacher.