This position exists to assist the Resonate Service & Learning coordinator with multiple teams and projects to guarantee a well-rounded and successful experience and project.
- Work with Resonate Global Mission and the CRC-DR’s construction and Service and Learning (S&L) program to assist with general construction of church projects in various parts of the country; work with nationals and teammates.
- Communicate with Resonate’s supporting churches and individuals through regular letters and e-mails.
- Plan for and host visitors from the CRCNA as well as other churches.
- Be willing to share your Christian faith with others.
- Build relationships with the community by staying open and flexible to the culture around you.
- Live and worship with the community during the project.
- Complete recommended reading and attend orientation before departure.
- Mature Christian committed to serving Jesus Christ.
- Some experience in construction; project management or team scheduling experience helpful.
- Should have at least minimal Spanish ability.
- Ability to do physical work in a tropical climate.
- Willingness to follow the community’s leadership in the project.
- Good oral and written communications skills as well as reporting, planning, and organizational skills.
- Compassionate and respectful of other cultures.
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision in ambiguous situations.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to view life with a sense of humor.
- Complete and submit a Resonate volunteer application form.
- Agree to submit a background check.
- Raise prayer and financial support by inviting individuals, businesses and/or churches to give to this opportunity.
- Attend an orientation session in either Burlington, ON or Grand Rapids, MI, or participate in alternative (phone- and/or web-based) options.
- Adhere to CRCNA Standards of Conduct.
Financial Obligations of the Volunteer: please note that costs are estimated and listed in U.S. funds.
- Travel to country - varies; usually $600 - $800 round trip
- Food - $400/month
- Lodging - $400/month
- In-country transportation - $300/month
- Orientation/language learning - $100
- Administrative expenses/communication - $50/month
- Ministry expenses - $200-$300
Additional Costs – depending on each individual:
- Medical and travel insurance
- Passport (must be valid for at least 6 months beyond date of return flight)
- Communication (i.e. cell phone, internet)
- Growth in your faith and relationship with God.
- A chance to learn from, serve, and be served by a different culture.
- The opportunity to share your Christian faith with others who may not know the Gospel.
- Serve as an encouragement to Christians in the Dominican Republic.
- Apply your current gifts and talents and discover some new ones.
- Develop a personal perspective on poverty, missions, and/or development work.
- Gain personal satisfaction by seeing first-hand how your prayers and contributions to Resonate have impacted Dominican Republic communities.
- Assist in educating and raising awareness within North America about the Dominican Republic's socio-political situation.
- Expenses directly related to this volunteer opportunity are tax-deductible.
Support Services Provided: Resonate agrees to provide:
- Orientation materials as well as ongoing logistics and support to meet the needs of the volunteers, local community, and Resonate’s country staff.
- Consultation and/or visits by missionary staff when available.
- Opportunity to help volunteers link their individual/church’s mission and vision to work being done.
- Recognition in Resonate’s various communications to supporters.