Academia Los Pinares in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, is searching for a passionate educator to teach math to middle and high school students. In this position, you'll teach one or two courses of mathematics in various sections. Academia Los Pinares offers the following for their students: Pre-Algebra (7th); Algebra 1 (8th); Geometry (9th); Algebra 2 (10th); Pre-Calculus (11th); AP Calculus (12th); and Statistics (12th).
- Teach subjects and classes as assigned using established curriculum along with supplementary materials, field trips, specials guests, etc. to enhance them:
- Attend and participate in morning devotions, teachers’ meetings, evening programs which involve students from your section of the school, other meetings as assigned
- Supervisory duty as assigned before, during, or after the school day
- Complete necessary paperwork, including daily lesson plans; mid-quarter progress reports; quarterly reports cards; ministry grade sheets; inventories of classroom equipment, supplies, and books; other paperwork as assigned or requested
- See that assigned classrooms are kept in a neat appearance
- Maintain proper classroom discipline, taking care of minor problems personally and referring major problems to the appropriate principal
- Hold conferences with parents on parent-teacher conference days in accordance with guidelines established by the principal. Be available to any parents or students who wish to have a conference, even before or after school
- Supervise extracurricular activities, organizations, and outings as assigned
- Carry out any other specific duties as assigned
- Education: minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university. Valid credential from a state and/or from another recognized accrediting agency for the appropriate grade level. Professional certification or ACSI certification 6 semester hour or 18 CEUs of biblical studies
- Specialized knowledge: all teachers must have ACSI biblical philosophy of Christian school education (can be obtained in your first year of employment)
- Skills, abilities, and other characteristics: Born-again Christian, active member of an Evangelical church, and evidence of good moral character
- Native English speaker or equivalent
- Employees shall be persons who are able to understand and respect other cultures, and work harmoniously and effectively in a cross-cultural situation
- Maintain a close personal walk with God as evidenced by example and spiritual leadership among peers and with students
- Observe the Matthew 18 principle in conflict resolution: avoid a negative, critical spirit; take problems to the appropriate administrator
- Demonstrates continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration, and/or staff development. Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current research, best practices and strategies, and students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective
- Experience: teaching experience is preferred; student teaching is acceptable
Teachers receive a stipend of $750 a month—enough to live locally, including housing, health and life insurance. Each teacher receives a $900 yearly travel bonus yearly, and the school covers all of the residency requirements.
One-year renewable contracts are available.
Academia Los Pinares provides a high-quality, Christian, bilingual education which will prepare students for success in college while integrating Biblical principles into their learning. The school serves many Honduran families as well as families from North America and other countries.