The Esther School provides education to hundreds of rural Zambian children, giving them educational opportunities that would otherwise be unattainable. Come and be part of this beautiful environment where Zambians and North Americans co-teach the classroom.
The school administrator is responsible for the success of the mission school by carrying out its vision and fulfilling its mission. The administrator provides spiritual, academic, and administrative leadership to the school—to faculty and staff, students, parents, and the broader community. Through his or her leadership, he or she will guide, inspire, and direct the school’s programs, personnel, and environment.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring Zambian teachers and ensuring their integration into community life at the Esther School.
- Responsible for North American teacher recruiting, interviewing, and hiring, and insuring their integration into community life at the Esther School.
- Guides the development of the curriculum used at the school ensuring that instructional objectives and goals for each given subject and/or classroom are met.
- Ensures compliance with local and national laws related to operating a Christian, private, day school. Serves as the Zambian government liaison for the school. Cultivates and maintains positive relationships with Zambian officials and office holders within the Ministry of Education.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all the community shareholders within proximity to the Esther School.
- Minimum of five years of successful classroom teaching experience and school administrative experience, preferably in a Christian school setting. Experience can be in combination with a master’s degree in education leadership from an accredited postsecondary institution.
- Commits to living life under the Lordship of Christ. Sets an example for his or her own family and for the school family and evidences this by seeking discernment, wisdom, and guidance through prayer and reliance on Scripture.
- All North American administrative positions at The Esther School are viewed as missionary positions. The selected candidate will raise funds for support, living expenses, and travel.
- This position is a contracted, missionary position. A long-term commitment to serving in Zambia at The Esther School is highly desired. A minimum, three-year commitment is requested.
- Campus housing for individual, couple, or family and use of a school vehicle are provided.
- An annual stipend for assistance with travel is offered.