Resonate Global Mission is seeking an Occupational Therapist volunteer who will provide support to our three full time Physical/Occupational therapists with therapy, substituting when needed, providing one-on-one help when necessary, and offering ideas to improve our programming and curriculum. The volunteer will be serving at Tesoros De Dios, a Resonate partner ministry in Managua, Nicaragua that serves children with special needs and their families. The volunteer may be asked to provide training and/or workshops. They will also help support the Early Intervention, Autism, Special Education (especially with our teenagers who are learning life-skills and need adaptations), and Transition Program areas. Schedule: This is a full-time, volunteer position. Tesoros de Dios is open Monday to Friday, from 7am – 4:30pm. Other Responsibilities: We ask that all volunteers at Tesoros de Dios have a willingness to collaborate in all areas of programing.
• Certification in occupational therapy (or assistant), or comparable program.
• Christian testimony with active local church experience.
• Sense of calling to serve in developing nation.
• Good interpersonal skills and initiative.
• Willingness to make a (minimum) 6 month commitment.
• Intermediate Spanish required. Spanish tutoring is available and may be required based on ability.
Experience working with persons with disabilities is required
Costs will depend on length of time on the field. Some basic in-country costs are: $400-$600/month Room and Board with a host family $100/month ground transportation $200 ministry expenses Lunches at Tesoros $60 a month Language classes vary depending on level of Spanish Other costs include airfare from departing airport, immunizations, insurance. Please contact us for more details.