To connect leaders in a region of Asia and in North America in relationships of mutual learning, trust, and influence so that together they are working for Gospel-shaped spiritual and social transformation in their neighborhoods and around the world.
Missional Network Support and Development
- Identify, encourage, pray together with, and connect local church and community leaders in Asia as well as in North America. Nurture spiritual disciplines/spiritual formation in a growing network of leaders.
- Nurture relationships of care, accountability and mutual learning and collaboration among local leaders.
- Transcend barriers by networking local leaders from different denominations and societal sectors, including both people of faith and others of good will, for the transformation of their communities. In particular advocate for the full inclusion of those marginalized by the community or the church
- Explore collaboration with denominational agencies such as ReFrame Ministries. Network with other CRC entities and programs such as Calvin University Interim, Calvin Seminary, Worship Symposium, short term visits, Cohort of Missioners, etc.
- Identify ways that the CRCNA such as East Meets West network and global partners can learn from the growing networks of local leaders and develop channels for reciprocal learning and collaboration.
- Maintain relationship with master trainers developed by from Gho ministry and EC master trainers in East Asia.
- Facilitate connection of CR churches doing campus ministry to local CR churches and/or East Meets West network.
- As appropriate facilitate the contextualized use of interactive learning curricula and methodology such as Timothy Leadership Training and Educational Care to equip and connect agents of spiritual and social transformation.
- Collaborate actively with a community of practice relating to the ministry for mutual learning and growth.
- This career position, while located in Asia, contemplates the networker to have a more general and broader geographical reach.
Service to North America
- Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support) for Resonate Global Mission’s ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals in North America and in Asia.
- In partnership with the Resonate Development team develop donors for the work of Resonate both within the U.S. and globally as well as coordinate the work of the regional teams with the other work of the Mission Support Team.
- Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
- Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global missions
- Provide the CRCNA as warranted with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the staff member missionary has knowledge and expertise.
- Communicate the nature and impact of Resonate Global Mission’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
- Demonstrated commitment to gospel witness and the integral word and deed mission of the church as expressed in Resonate’s foundational documents. Commitment to living out the Resonate postures.
- Demonstrated affinity and passions for ministering among people of different sociocultural backgrounds including the poor and marginalized.
- Fluency in the local language.
- Demonstrated effective cross-cultural awareness and capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to listen well and empower others for gospel witness and ministry.
- Proven capacity to be creative and innovative in complex situations without a predetermined map.
- Capacity for nurturing trust and shared vision among a diverse set of leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions.
- Self-motivated and proven quality administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to and from North America periodically.
Education & Experience
- B.A. with significant formal or informal study of theology. Commitment to further theological study as appropriate.
- At least three years of practical ministry experience in contexts where crossing racial, ethnic, or other social barriers was necessary.
- Training in spiritual formation and a demonstrated commitment to interactive learning are preferred.
- Previous experience networking a diverse group of leaders around a common vision is preferred.
The successful candidate for this position will pass through two intermediate steps before taking up the tasks outlined in this position description; the rate range for each step is included.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together. The pay range for this step is on the CRCNA Domestic scale.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills, ministry skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 6 to 18 months, depending on prior background and experience. The pay range for this step is US or Canada on the CRCNA International scale.