Learn about culture and ministry in a rural West African setting by living with a missionary couple and serving alongside them.
In the past, we have been able to work with colleges to help you gain one semester of credits through this hands-on experience of language learning and ministry development. If in high school, we can work with your school for options to receive credit for graduation.
- Develop a ministry plan based on your gifts and actively work to carry out that plan in the village
- Read several books on the subjects of missions, missionaries, global trends, cultures, worldview, and world religions.
- Learn skills in cooking, baking, and other practical skills needed to live in a rural African setting.
- Assist in meal planning and other daily chores
- Must be a healthy female between the ages of 15 and 25 and be current on all immunizations
- Must be willing to live simply and have an interest in learning about cross cultural missions.
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to be outside of their “comfort zone”
Estimated cost includes food, on field transportation, admin supplies, missionary retreat, language classes and a living allowance. Additional costs may include vaccinations, medical and travel insurance, personal funds, etc. Fund-raising assistance is provided and ministry-related expenses are tax-deductible.