Would the thought of teaching and serving overseas seem exciting to you? If you have a desire to serve in cross-cultural ministry, please consider joining the staff of Hillcrest School!
The Middle School Social Studies Teacher will be responsible for teaching multiple classrooms.
- Hillcrest School seeks professionals who are strongly committed Christians.
- Applicants should hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree and teaching certificate, speak and write English fluently, and have experience working within the US or Canadian educational systems.
- Enthusiasm for residing in a cross-cultural environment is also preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to design and assess curriculum, stimulate critical thinking, and effectively communicate with students and parents is essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues and work in a team is imperative.
Hillcrest is situated in the city of Jos on a 4,300 foot high plateau. Jos is located in the central part of Nigeria. Temperatures are mild all year around; somewhat similar to that of Southern California except that it rains more in Jos.
Hillcrest School seeks to provide a Christian perspective in the context of education, while encouraging students towards a genuine, personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The school seeks to train individuals to become active, vital parts of their communities, and to encourage an appreciation of their place in and obligation to the world around them. Hillcrest is committed to developing complete and mature persons, accountable to God and responsible for their own actions, in keeping with our tradition of high academic and spiritual standards.
The school is a K-12th grade International Christian School with an American curriculum. Founded in 1942 as a boarding school for missionary children, today a significant number of children come from Nigeria and from other countries. The school is owned and operated by eight missions/church organizations. The campus is divided into three schools, each with a principal. Elementary School is Kindergarten to 5th grade. Middle School is 6th to 8th grade and High School is 9th to12th grade. In their junior and senior years students may elect to take a number of AP classes. Almost all graduates are admitted into North American universities.