Use your gifts in handiwork to serve children with disabilities in Nicaragua! Tesoros de Dios, a partner ministry of Resonate Global Mission that serves children with disabilities and their families, is seeking a volunteer to assist our center in the area of maintenance. The volunteer will be responsible for all basic maintenance, as well as completing any special projects. The volunteer will also assist visiting teams with their service projects, to ensure they are completed. Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 7am – 4:30pm. Other Responsibilities: We ask that all volunteers at Tesoros de Dios have a willingness to collaborate in all areas of programing.
• Must be at least 20 years old
• Experience in various areas of maintenance (plumbing, repairs, and carpentry).
• Christian testimony with active local church experience.
• Sense of calling to serve in a developing nation.
• Takes initiative and works independently.
• Willingness to make a three month (minimum) commitment.
• Basic Spanish Language knowledge required. Spanish tutoring is available and is recommend so that the volunteer can interact with kids and staff.
• Experience working with persons with disabilities strongly recommended.
Costs will depend on length of time on the field. Some basic in-country costs are: $400-$600/month Room and Board with a host family $100/month ground transportation $200 ministry expenses Lunches at Tesoros $60 a month Language classes vary depending on level of Spanish Other costs include airfare from departing airport, immunizations, insurance. Please contact us for more details.