Join together with the local church in Los Alcarrizos to construct a new church building. Their current building is too small, in very poor shape, and has little ventilation (see photo above).
In 2012, the church received a generous donation that allowed them to purchase a lot with a small house on it. After adding a few 2x4s to hold up the roof, they began worshiping in the house.
Church members have been purchasing construction materials and are praying for a team to come and help them construct a new building.
1. Work alongside local church members and North American volunteers to construct a community church building.
2. Swing a hammer, saw 2x4s, mix cement, carry sand, or help in any way you can.
3. Worship with the community during the project.
- Committed to Christ.
- Ages 16 and above.
- Ability to do physical work in a tropical climate and sometimes under rustic conditions.
- Willingness to work under the leadership of the community.
- Flexible individuals dedicated to serving and interacting with fellow Christians in a culture different from their own.
The estimated cost of $2,200 USD includes $1,250 USD for in-country lodging, meals, ground transportation and construction materials, $15 for medical insurance plus an estimated cost of $900 USD for airfare. Airfare costs vary depending on city of departure and are subject to change until purchase.
Cost does not include passport, immunizations, background check, airport fee, and other personal expenses.