Resonate Global Mission has an international opening for a Leadership Trainer for Christian Counseling in Kyrgyzstan. This position will enable Resonate to participate in Spirit-led mission with churches and other Christian organizations in Kyrgyzstan in order to actively promote the kingdom of God through family counseling and leadership training.
- Offer Christian Counseling service at clinics in assigned region, .
- Teach, train, and provide a counseling ministry by working as a staff at Kyrgyzstan International Universal College (KIUC) and Servant of Servants International (SOSI) academy for the staff and students and their families.
- Train pastors, lay leaders, and foreign missionaries in the country in the area of Christian family counseling.
- Offer leadership training to missionaries, pastors, and ministry leaders in assigned region.
- Collaborate with partner organizations in assigned region, and with the CRC and other mission organization as approved.
- Work with regional churches to facilitate exchanges and projects that will provide mutual benefit with the CRCNA.
- Participate in creating field strategies, plans and budgets, particularly in the assigned ministry area.
- Produce and implement an annual work plan, reports, and budgets as required.
- Participate in support-raising (e.g., prayer, care and financial support—at least 90% of the average cost of a missionary) for Resonate ministries by developing and maintaining a network of supporting churches and individuals.
- Ensure notes of thanks are sent to donors in a timely manner.
- Educate the CRCNA and others about the nature of the global church and its mission, encouraging them to develop a deeper passion and involvement in global mission.
- Provide the CRCNA with insight and resources for ministry among minority racial/national/religious groups living in North America about which the missionary has knowledge and expertise.
- Communicate the nature and value of Resonate’s ministries to the CRCNA and others through written communications, and through preaching/speaking engagements.
- Professing membership in a Christian Reformed congregation, or of a church in ecclesiastical fellowship with the CRCNA, and agreement with the doctrine of the church signified by signing a covenant statement.
- Deep spiritual maturity marked by personal integrity and Christian discipline.
- Clear understanding of the Reformed tradition and its applicability to the ministry context.
- Commitment to the constitution, bylaws and policies of Resonate.
- Language: Both Russian and Kyrgyz languages will be needed in this ministry.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from different cultures and religious traditions.
- Strong sense of call, relational ability, and ministry gift are necessary.
- Graduate degree in counseling or M.Div. degree, is required.
- At least two years of cross-cultural experience with knowledge of at least one other culture or language required.
- Pastoral ministry experience is strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.