Given the growing concerns around COVID-19 globally, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the Korean VIsion Trip in June and postpone it to later in the year. When the new dates are in place, it will be reposted.
Are you interested in learning about global Christianity? Join Resonate on a vision trip to Korea!
Christianity was first introduced in Korea by missionaries during the 1600s. Since then, the gospel has spread—though not without challenges. In the past, Korean Christians have faced persecution and the church today struggles to reach people in an increasingly secular society. There's so much that the church in North America can learn from believers in Korea.
During this 10-day vision trip with Resonate, you'll have the opportunity to do just that—learn from Christians in Korea in order to strengthen the church in North America. You'll see how God is at work in Korea by visiting various churches, ministries, and other sites, including the demilitarized zone and the Korean War Museum.
On this trip, you will learn about:
- The birth of Christianity and early missionary activities in North Korea and South Korea
- Korean Christianity under the oppression of Japanese colonization from 1909-1945
- Korean Christianity and the role of global Christians during the Korean war in the 1950s
- Korean Christianity under persecution
- The growth and expansion of Christianity during the 1970s
- Korean/Asian spirituality, including a prayer movement
- Korean diaspora to North America and other global regions
- United States, North Korea, and South Korea tension and the role of the global Christian community
- Faith and work movement in Korea
- Current issues related to secularism and the decline of Christianity in Korea
- There are no skills necessary for this trip, but you'll need to be teachable, culturally sensitive, and adaptable
- This trip is a great opportunity for seminary students and/or ministry leaders who work with Koreans and Korean congregations in North America
$3,000 USD is an estimated cost. The cost includes:
- Lodging ($1,500 for double occupancy; $2,000 for single occupancy)
- Transportation within the country
- Airfare will depend on your departure city