Do you have a heart for mission through teaching young children? Are you called to share the love of God in the classroom? Kyiv Christian Academy (KCA) in Ukraine has an immediate opening for a fourth-grade elementary school teacher.
KCA fulfills the Great Commission by partnering with missionary families to offer a quality education in the English language within the framework of a Biblical worldview. Tasks include:
- Ensure that adequate preparations have been made to accomplish objectives established for the classes assigned.
- Plan broadly, through the use of semester goals and objectives, for classes assigned.
- Maintain adequate records of attendance and grades to meet the requests of the administration and parents, as well as the teacher’s own need for knowledge of the student’s progress.
- Create homework assignments for drill, review, enrichment, or project work sufficiently in advance of the due date so that the student will learn personal responsibility, the joy of self-study, and be sufficiently informed so that students are able to handle the work at their grade level.
- Upgrade curriculum guides/scope and sequence to meet the school’s objectives.
- Attend and participate in devotions, faculty meetings, staff meetings, orientation, and in-service sessions.
- Request instructional aids and materials for classroom use.
- Plan the use of field trips, guest lecturers, and other media for creative and effective teaching.
- Take advantage of those opportunities that will improve teaching within and outside of their content area. Improve teaching skills by attending seminars, educational conferences, and taking graduate classes when possible.
- Keep a record of textbooks assigned to students.
- Keep proper discipline in the classroom for a good teaching environment and on the school premises for good interpersonal relations.
Cost covers housing, food, airfare, visa, registration, in-country transportation, and health insurance.
KCA is an international K-12 grade school started in 1993 for the purpose of educating missionary children in Kyiv, Ukraine. KCA has an enrollment of 150 children and our graduates are studying at state and private universities and colleges throughout North America. We are a unique community of missionary families, teachers, and Ukrainian staff who work together—not only to educate children, but to also care for their emotional, social, physical, and spiritual development. We strive to create an environment where each child is encouraged to enjoy a life changing relationship with Jesus Christ. We provide opportunities for our students to understand, appreciate, and develop their God-given potential. We want our graduates to be prepared and equipped to pursue their calling in life for the glory of God. Come to KCA for a life-changing experience in serving the Lord!