Resonate Global Mission, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) has an International opening for a Gospel Advocate in West Africa. This position will share the gospel with the Fulani with the hope that they will come to know Jesus as Savior and Lord and initiate a widespread movement of Fulani towards Christ.
For more information, fill out the form below. To apply visit this page.
The duties of a Gospel Advocate in this context will often be more about being than doing. But the Gospel Advocate will be responsible to do the following:
- Continue to develop a thorough knowledge of the Fulfulde and Fulani culture.
- Build and maintain relationships of trust with the Fulani.
- Share the gospel through relationships.
- Pray for Fulani in Jesus’ name.
- Study the Bible with Fulani believers.
- A sense of call to ministry among Muslims.
- A commitment to love Muslims and be respectful of Islam.
- Ability to live and work with individuals of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn the French and Fulfulde languages.
- Flexibility: openness to the leading of the Spirit and the courage to try new things.
- Demonstrated passion for evangelism and ability to function independently in another culture.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Intermediate Steps - the successful candidate for this position will pass through two intermediate steps before taking up the tasks outlined in this position description.
Missionary Candidate: The purpose of this position is to prepare for international service by building a network of prayer, care, and financial support in North America that will enable future ministry. Ordinarily, this will progress from part-time to full-time as the support network grows through the work of the candidate and the missionary support team that is designed for this purpose. One can expect to be in this role for 6 to 12 months, depending on how quickly the support network comes together.
Missionary in Training: The purpose of this role is to develop language and culture skills and relationships that will enable future ministry, and begin to use those in ministry. Ordinarily, one can expect to be in this role for 12 to 30 months, depending on prior language levels, background, and experience.
Missionary: The pay range for this step is $42,151 - $51,656 USD or $43,609 - $53,442 CAD on the CRCNA International scale.
Expectations for environment:
- Extremely hot climate
- Solar electricity in village settings
- Limited basic plumbing in village settings
- Travel on unpaved, rough roads in village settings
- Work/live in the capital city as well as work/live in Fulani community