Nicaragua Christian Academy International in Managua, Nicaragua, is searching for a fifth grade teacher!
- The upper elementary division includes one section each of fourth, fifth, and sixth grades (three self-contained classrooms total). Each grade has approximately 22-26 students. The classroom teacher is responsible for teaching all core areas, including devotions, Bible, language arts (reading, spelling/vocabulary, composition, grammar and handwriting), math, science and social studies.
- Classroom teachers and educational assistants also share lunch/playground duties.
- Upper elementary students also have the following specials (taught by other teachers): Spanish (50 minutes daily), physical education (twice per week), and art, music and computers (once per week). During these classes, the classroom teacher has planning time.
- In addition to the general education teachers, there is one shared educational assistant for 3rd and 4th grade, and one shared educational assistant for 5th and 6th grade. The primary focus of the educational assistant is to provide learning support with students who need additional assistance in the classroom. In addition to that, the educational assistant assists the teacher with preparing classroom materials, translating parent communication, and a limited amount of grading homework assignments.
- Four-year degree in Elementary Education
- Certification and two years experience preferred
- Evangelical Christian testimony with active local church experience
- Sense of calling to teach in a developing country
- Willingness to make a three (or more) year commitment
- English is first language
- Basic monthly stipend provided: $550 living stipend + $170 housing stipend
- Housing arrangements made by school
- Visa and residency costs while in the country
- Tuition discount for children
NCA International is a unique school with an exciting task in Nicaragua. NCA seeks to train up future leaders to demonstrate true servant leadership and make decisions based on the Word of God and a compassion for their country. Our vision is the formation of Christ-followers who, motivated by heartfelt love for God, live as global agents of change!