LCC International University invites applications for an open-rank position in the area(s) of development studies, within the International Relations and Development Program, to begin Fall 2019. Areas of specialization are open—the applicant may enhance current areas of faculty expertise or supplement the departmental portfolio with new areas. The position involves: teaching courses in the program; advising; preferably maintaining modest research activity, and participating in the active intellectual life of the campus. The position offers unique opportunities such as travel and teaching/research in the Baltics, Scandinavia, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe.
The Program: The International Relations and Development Program offers a BA degree in International Relations and Development, with focus points in political science and development theory and practice. In the three years since its inception, the International Relations and Development major has grown rapidly. Current faculty areas of specialization include: ethnic identity; migration; post-Soviet identity; cybersecurity and social media; and development.
- Teaching and scholarly research in area of expertise
- Student advising and mentoring, including supervision of senior theses
- Faculty responsibilities include service to the institution, such as governance committees.
- Earned doctorate in Development or a Development-related discipline; ABD will also be considered.
- Firm commitment to supporting LCC's mission of providing Christian liberal arts education within an international context
- Demonstrated competence in teaching university-edulevel courses
- Record of scholarship preferred
Learn more about this position here: https://lcchr.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=8840615