This position exists to model a Christ-like life to the younger students coming from Muslim nominal background through the teaching of English and leading various school projects and extra-curricular activities.
In 2013, All Nations CRC in Los Angeles, Servant of Servants International (SOSI) organization, and Resonate formed a partnership in order to provide English teachers from the States to teach English to the Muslim students in a city called Shopokov. Shopokov is approximately 20 minutes west of Bishkek, the capital city. The volunteers from the States and Canada enhance the mission work of SOSI, reaching out to the Muslim students in the area by sharing the gospel through life and service.
- Make a commitment to serve for at least one year, beginning in July 2016
- Spiritually mature, responsible, and flexible.
- Teacher must have English as their first language
- Teaching experience preferred but not required
- Willing to learn and engage with individuals from different cultures.
- Accept accountability and supervision by Dr. Min Ryu, principal of SOSI Educational Institute.
Cost Includes: Visa, health and evacuation insurance, training, and a cell phone.
- Food - provided by the school
- Accommodation - provided by the school (guest house for volunteers)
- On-field travel - the school has a vehicle for use by those with an international driver's license
- Communication - free internet provided; cell phone is to be paid by the teacher
- Visa - $200 due upon arrival in Kyrgyzstan; extension paid for by SOSI
- Other expenses - $100-$200/month for personal spending money
- Airfare is provided by the school