Nicaragua Christian Academy International in Managua, Nicaragua, is searching for an educator who can teach English as a Second Language to English Language Learners!
NCA International's students are 55% Nicaraguan, 30% North American, and 10% South Korean; the remainder of students come from 18 different countries in Latin America and around the world. Because of these demographics, English is the second or third language for about two-thirds of our students. Most of them develop their English abilities in our school beginning as three-year-olds in preschool. However, at times we accept students who have lower levels of English, and some students who have been in our school since preschool still struggle with the English language more than their classmates, resulting in deficiencies that need to be addressed.
The ELL program is primarily a pull-out program, in which students needing individual attention are sent to the ELL classrooms for 30-50 minutes during the school day. This usually happens during their regular Language Arts class, elective class or another subject area.
- Four-year degree in TESOL/ESL/ELL/ESOL/EFL, Elementary Education or related field
- TESOL or equivalent certification and two years experience preferred
- Evangelical Christian testimony with active local church experience
- Intercultural training and/or experience; sense of calling to serve in a developing nation
- Willing to be creative and work with other teachers, since the curriculum must be adapted to level of students
- Willingness to make a three (or more) year commitment
- Full fluency and expertise in English; conversational Spanish preferred (willingness to learn is a must)
- Basic monthly stipend provided: $550 living stipend + $170 housing stipend
- Housing arrangements made by school
- Visa and residency costs while in the country
- Tuition discount for children
NCA International is a unique school with an exciting task in Nicaragua. NCA seeks to train up future leaders to demonstrate true servant leadership and make decisions based on the Word of God and a compassion for their country. Our vision is the formation of Christ-followers who, motivated by heartfelt love for God, live as global agents of change!