Are you seeking an elementary teaching position? Does the thought of serving overseas seem exciting to you? Kyiv Christian Academy in Ukraine is currently seeking Elementary school teachers.
- Ensure that adequate preparations have been made to accomplish objectives established for the classes assigned.
- Plan broadly, through the use of semester goals and objectives, for classes assigned.
- Maintain adequate records of attendance and grades to meet the requests of the administration and parents, as well as the teacher’s own need for knowledge of the student’s progress. • Create homework assignments for drill, review, enrichment, or project work sufficiently in advance of the due date so that the student will learn personal responsibility, the joy of self-study, and be sufficiently informed so that students are able to handle the work at their grade level.
- Upgrade curriculum guides/scope and sequence to meet the school’s objectives.
- Attend and participate in devotions, faculty meetings, staff meetings, orientation, and in-service sessions.
- Request instructional aids and materials for classroom use.
- Plan the use of field trips, guest lecturers, and other media for creative and effective teaching.
- Take advantage of those opportunities that will improve teaching within and outside of their content area. Improve teaching skills by attending seminars, educational conferences, and taking graduate classes when possible.
- Keep a record of textbooks assigned to students.
- Keep proper discipline in the classroom for a good teaching environment and on the school premises for good interpersonal relations.
- Be placed on an Internal “Sub List” to fill-in for members of the faculty who may be absent.
- Keep their classrooms clean and organized during the week.
- Interested applicants should have earned a Bachelor’s Degree. Degrees in the field of elementary education is preferred but not recquired.
- ACSI certified (or willing to pursue ACSI while teaching at KCA).
- Teachers raise their own support and are encouraged to come under the auspices of a mission agency. KCA currently extends teacher subsidies to full-time staff as a contribution toward their cost of living in Kyiv.
- We welcome the participation of retired teachers, those who have recently graduated, and those with experience in public and private schools.
The estimated cost is $600 - 800 USD per month for a single preson. The cost covers housing, utilities, transoportation, and food. A $500 monthly stiped is available from KCA.
Kyiv Christian Academy (KCA) is an international K-12th grade school started in 1993 for the purpose of educating missionary children in Kyiv, Ukraine. We work not only to educate children, but also to care for their emotional, social, physical, and spiritual development. We strive to create an environment where each child is encouraged to enjoy a life changing relationship with Jesus Christ. We provide opportunities for our students to understand, appreciate, and develop their God-given potential. We want our graduates to be prepared and equipped to pursue their calling in life for the glory of God. Come to Kyiv for a life-changing experience in serving the Lord!