Do you have a passion for teaching young children and a love for language? Come join the staff at New Generation Christian School in Kyiv, Ukraine. You'll work with elementary students in a dual-language, English-Ukrainian, classroom setting. The position can be tailored to fit your gifts, skills, and interests. We're looking for people to: instruct children in grades 1 through 5, work with students in special education; teach English as a second language; serve as an English-speaking classroom aid; and delve into extra-curricular activities teaching art, music, physical education, and more.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver creative and dynamic lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Track student progress and provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Be in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and be an active member of a local church.
- Agree with and personally hold to the school’s statement of faith, mission, and vision.
- Enjoy working with children. Prior experience working with children and/or teaching children is desired.
- Ability to flexibly adjust teaching material to the needs and learning styles of various students. Understand how to integrate biblical truths and principles into various subjects.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ideally, applicants should have some experience with teaching English as a second language.
- Some knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian is helpful but not necessary.
The cost is $24,000 USD per year ($2,000 USD per month). This is a rough estimate and can vary depending on living accommodations. The cost includes travel, housing, food, and insurance.
These positions are for financially supported individuals. In some cases, a small stiped is available for teachers.