Are you interested in teaching children in an intercultural context? New Generation Christian School in Ukraine is seeking a teacher to teach 1st and 2nd grade classes or 3rd and 4th grade classes.
The English teacher is responsible for preparing, conducting, and evaluating all lessons using the American curriculum. Each English teacher will be responsible for American program classes in two elementary grades. You will also act as the lead teacher for one of these grades.
- Prepare and conduct lessons using the provided American curriculum.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans according to the amount of material necessary to cover in each semester.
- Speak with the students in English, both during English lessons and in general conversation.
- Assign classwork appropriate to the material covered and ability of the students.
- Assign homework as needed, in order to complete material in a timely manner.
- Communicate with the director, other teachers, and parents as needed regarding behavior and other needs of students.
- Communicate with the director and office manager regarding any supply needs.
- Invest in relationships with the students and their parents.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
Help as needed with various functions and activities of the school including substituting for other teachers or staff; acting as a chaperone for school events; and leading or helping with morning opening activities.
- Has a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Agrees with and personally holds to the school’s statement of faith.
- Active member of a local church.
- Enjoys working with children. Prior experience working with children and/or teaching English to children is desired.
- Possesses the ability to flexibly adjust teaching material to the needs and learning styles of various students.
- Fluent in writen and spoken English. Conversational Russian and/or Ukrainian is helpful but not necessary.
- Understands how to integrate biblical truths and principles into various subjects.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Agrees with and shares the mission and vision of New Generation Christian School.
- Approximately $500/month in living expenses (includes rent, utilities, food, transportation, personal needs, entertainment) for a single adult. This is an estimate for a relatively low-budget lifestyle and doesn’t include additional travel or personal expenses.
- Approximately $1,000 in airfare.
- Approximately $1,000 in visa and registration fees.
- Additional costs for desired insurance.
Because New Generation Christian School is a national school with Ukrainian students who need to fulfill Ukrainian educational requirements, only a portion of subjects are taught in English. Remaining subjects are taught in Ukrainian by a Ukrainian teacher.