A cross-cultural experience, with an emphasis on EFL, literacy, and audio recording, but other types of projects are possible depending on the volunteer's skills, interests, and the needs of the village. The vision is to work in a common strategy complementing each other's strengths and weaknesses to build the Kingdom of God among this people group.
Resonate Global Mission is looking for up to four volunteers (two-year, short-term, mission-minded missionary units) to join us in West Africa. A unit could be a couple, single, or two singles working together. In the western part of this region, singles could live and work alone since they will be located in a fairly large town where a long-term missionary couple is located. In central/southern parts of the region, they will most likely be assigned to rural locations, may or may not be living near a long-term missionary, and may best work in pairs although exceptions will be considered. Largely, the work here is relational evangelism.
The first year would be focused on field orientation, language, and culture study. There would be an initial three-month French language study period if needed. During this time, the volunteers would also be building relationships for the ministry. Ministry could include: EFL, teaching the regional language literacy, or working with the technical side of audio recording. Other types of projects are possible depending on the volunteer's skills, interests, and the needs of the village. Each of these projects would provide opportunities for building relationships and cross-cultural experience.
- Live among the scattered people groups, in their villages and towns, meeting felt-needs (assisting with well projects, oxen, cattle, and sheep projects, literacy, English-learning projects, etc.).
- Build relationships and share the gospel through those relationships.
- Movements towards Christ do not develop overnight and time is needed sowing seeds and discipling the believers.
- Need a married couple or two singles, 22+ years old who have a personal relationship with Jesus and a heart for sharing the Gospel.
- Self-starters, flexible, and ready to learn the language and culture of this people group.
- Ability to raise support for living expenses.
- An ability to speak French would be a great asset but not a requirement. Previous cross-cultural experience is also a plus.
- Airfare - approx. $1000 round trip
- Visa - $240 (US); $720 (CAN)
- In-country travel (taxi) - $850
- Housing - $1,500
- Food - $6,000
- Cell phone & internet - $600
- Living allowance - $4,800
- Language training - $1,500
- Immunizations/Malaria preventative - $800
- Medical Insurance - $1,400
- Prayer letters/postage - $200
- Incidentals/miscellaneous - $600
Total: $18,500/person (1 year)
Supervision/Accountability: The volunteers would be under the supervision of the WM West Africa Field, which would appoint a mentor to help orient and give them guidance during their two-year program. They would meet with their supervisor/mentor on a regular basis.