Are you interested in teaching English as a second language? In this position, you will work to enhance spiritual leadership in the Middle East by equipping pastors and teachers through English language learning. This position is a minimum two-year commitment with some flexibility in the schedule.
One part of this position includes teaching advanced English, theological English, and IELTS preparedness to pastors at a seminary. A second component of this position will be to support and disciple teachers in the English language, teaching methods, and teaching philosophy and worldview. Both aspects of this position will be predominantly in English with a small team sharing some of the responsibility. You will have the opportunity to provide pastoral care alongside your teaching responsibilities.
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
- A TESOL certificate is helpful.
- Pre-field reading and orientation required. Orientation is held in Resonate's office in Grand Rapids, Michigan, or Burlington, Ontario.
- Food: $3600/year
- Accommodations: $3600/year
- In-country travel: $1595/year
- Ministry expenses: $480/year
- Admin supplies: $300/year
- Communication: $400/year (plus your own phone and computer)
- Visa/extensions: $320/year
- Missionary retreat: $800
- Language classes: $2850/year
- Airfare: $1500 (two round-trip tickets—price will vary depending on departure city and time of year)
- Insurance: $600/year
- Administration cost: $720/year
- Immunizations: $150
*There is a small stipend provided by the school for those who need it.