Build relationships with and organize programming for kids and teenagers in Santa Rosa, Costa Rica.
Coordinate Casa Adobe's relationships, programs, and community-organizing efforts with children and teens in Santa Rosa, Costa Rica.
Casa Adobe is an incarnational community in Santa Rosa, a community in which various people, both residents and people who are homeless, struggle with drug and alcohol addictions. Children run and play in the streets without supervision. Casa Adobe's mission is to be a community within the community, to be good neighbors, and to live out God's kingdom in a concrete way.
This position is part of Resonate's Cohort, a year-long opportunity for an integrated group of young adults from Central America and North America to volunteer in various ministries alongside Resonate ministry leaders and partners. As part of the Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
Learn more about Cohort
- Coordinate Casa Adobe's relationships, programs, and community-organizing efforts with children and teens in Santa Rosa.
- Set up and develop new programs for kids, and/or strengthen and oversee current youth projects (tutoring and soccer).
- Assist with raising money for a new community sport's center.
- Develop relationships with children and their families as well as overseeing youth programs.
- Conversational-level Spanish.
- Desire to develop relationships with children, teens, and their families who live in the vicinity.
- Ability to assist with community organizing and program development.
- Willing to walk around town to meet members of the community and play recreational games with the kids.
- A strong sense of initiative.
- Airfare: Varies depending on departure city
- Housing: $250/month
- Food: $300/month
- Transportation: $80/month
- Ministry expenses: $100 total
- Administrative supplies: $100 total
- Cell phone: $40-$150
- Cell phone minutes: $20/month
- Visa extensions: $200 per quarter
- Personal funds: $50/month
- Other: Entrance or exit fees (vary)
Total: $9,400 per year plus airfare
Additional costs include vaccinations, medical and travel insurance, personal funds, etc. Fundraising assistance is provided and ministry-related expenses are tax-deductible.
Apply or Ask
Want to apply for this opportunity or learn more about it? Just fill out this contact form, please select your preferred contact method below and someone will get back to you with all the details you need.