Casa Adobe is located in the community of Santa Rosa, a community in which various people, both homeless and residents, struggle with drug and alcohol addictions. Children run and play in the streets without supervision. Casa Adobe's mission is to be a community within the community, to be good neighbors, and to live out God's Kingdom in a concrete way.
As part of the Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate Casa Adobe's relationships, programs, and community-organizing efforts with children and teens in Santa Rosa.
Visit here for more information on the Cohort of Missioners.
- Coordinate Casa Adobe's relationships, programs, and community-organizing efforts with children and teens in Santa Rosa.
- Set up and develop new programs for kids, and/or strengthen and oversee current youth projects (tutoring and soccer).
- Assist with raising money for a new community sport's center.
- Develop relationships with children and their families as well as overseeing youth programs.
- Conversational-level Spanish.
- Desire to develop relationships with children, teens, and their families who live in the vicinity.
- Ability to assist with community organizing and program development.
- Willing to walk around town to meet members of the community and play recreational games with the kids.
- A strong sense of initiative.
- Airfare: Varies depending on departure city
- Housing: $250/month
- Food: $300/month
- Transportation: $80/month
- Ministry expenses: $100 total
- Administrative supplies: $100 total
- Cell phone: $40-$150
- Cell phone minutes: $20/month
- Visa extensions: $200 per quarter
- Personal funds: $50/month
- Other: Entrance or exit fees (vary)
Total: $9,400 per year plus airfare
Additional costs include vaccinations, medical and travel insurance, personal funds, etc. Fundraising assistance is provided and ministry-related expenses are tax-deductible.