Casa Adobe is located in the community of Santa Rosa, a community in which various people, both homeless and residents, struggle with drug and alcohol addictions. Children run and play in the streets without supervision. Casa Adobe's mission is to be a community within the community, to be good neighbors, and to live out God's Kingdom in a concrete way.
As part of the Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate Casa Adobe's relationships, programs, and community-organizing efforts with children and teens in Santa Rosa.
Visit here for more information on the Cohort of Missioners.
- Organize a program for youth that would include many different sports, such as volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball, chess.
- Organize and lead sessions of physical training and sports techniques.
- Organize championships.
- The volunteer would be responsible for preparing classroom content and materials.
- The volunteer would work alongside the neighborhood sports committee.
- Must be in good health with the ability to travel internationally.
- Must have experience in teaching sports.
- Spanish language experience is helpful but not required
Airfare will depend upon departure city and time of year.
Spanish lessons are available on-site for an additional cost
This is a part-time position that may be paired with other positions in Costa Rica.
Pre-field reading and orientation is required.