Casa Adobe is located in the community of Santa Rosa, a community in which various people, both homeless and residents, struggle with drug and alcohol addictions. Children run and play in the streets without supervision. Casa Adobe's mission is to be a community within the community, to be good neighbors, and to live out God's Kingdom in a concrete way.
As part of the Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
The purpose of this position is to coordinate Casa Adobe's relationships, programs, and community-organizing efforts with children and teens in Santa Rosa.
Visit here for more information on the Cohort of Missioners.
As a volunteer Music Tutor you will:
1. Lead classes in music appreciation or music theory, depending on your length of stay.
2. Offer singing lessons - if able.
3. Teach instruments such as flute, guitar, piano, or percussion.
4. You must be able to prepare class content and materials.
5. You will also need to collaborate with Casa Adobe personnel for promotion of the courses.
- Must be in good health and be able to travel internationally.
- Must have experience in teaching music.
- Spanish language experience a plus but not required
Airfare will depend upon departing city and time of year.
Ground transportation: $20/month
Spanish lessons are available on-site for an additional cost
Please note that this is a part-time volunteer position which may be combined with another position in Costa Rica.
Pre-field reading and orientation required.