Casa Adobe, a Resonate partner in Costa Rica, is searching for a music teacher to be part of the ministry through Resonate's Cohort. Casa Adobe is a incarnational Christian Community which reaches out to people in need in the Santa Rosa de Santo Domingo community.
The Cohort is a year-long opportunity for an integrated group of young adults from Central America and North America to volunteer in various ministries alongside Resonate ministry leaders and partners. As part of the Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
Learn more about the Cohort here.
- Lead classes in music appreciation or music theory, depending on the length of stay
- Offer singing lessons
- Teach instruments such as flute, guitar, piano, percussion
- Prepare class content and materials
- Collaborate with Casa Adobe personnel for the promotion of the courses
- Experience in teaching music
- Willingness to work and learn communally
- Wiling to build, keep and promote community work based on relationships
- Respectful of the living community processes
Food: $150 per month
Accommodations: $490 per month
On-field travel: $80 per month
Ministry expenses: $50 per month
Language classes: $850 per month
Cost will vary depending upon departure city and time of year. Other costs include passport, immunizations, and insurance.
The application deadline is April 15 if you will require language school ahead of time. The application deadline is July 1 if you will not require intensive language school.
Volunteers must attend pre-field orientation and training in Grand Rapids, Michigan, May 29,30,31 or in Burlington, Ontario, during November.
Additional pre-field reading is required.