Come be part of Resonate Global Mission's work in the Middle East! The Cohort is a year-long opportunity for an integrated group of young adults from North America and the Middle East to volunteer in various ministries alongside Resonate Global Mission workers. This position is a one-year commitment working with refugees.
In this position, you will assist refugees. You will have an opportunity for language learning and building cultural awareness, as well as building bridges in the community.
Experience and training that will be helpful:
- Social work
- Clerical skills
- Teaching English as a second language
- Resource distribution
- Job and skill training
- Community building
- Prayed about this opportunity
- Strong relationship with God
- Openness to God's direction and leading
- Strong self-awareness
The start date is January 2019 or September 2019. All volunteers are required to attend a volunteer orientation in Burlington, Ontario, or Grand Rapids, Michigan. Pre-field reading is also required.
- Food: $3600/year (plus $1200 for hospitality)
- Accommodations: $3600/year (plus $1000 for lodging outside of country)
- On-field travel: $1095 for daily use / year (plus $1230 for travel to other Middle East countries)
- Ministry expenses: $480/year (plus $140 for mentor discussions)
- Administration supplies: $300/year
- Communication: $300/ year (plus your own phone and computer)
- Visa extensions: $320/year
- Missionary retreat: $800/year
- Cohort common fund: $2000
- Insurance: $600/year
- Language classes (if applicable): $2850/year
- Living allowance $540/year
- Airfare will vary depending upon departure city—two one-way tickets are needed.
The vision of the Cohort is to grow generations of Jesus-followers equipped and motivated to serve with and learn from communities in hard places. In this opportunity, you will be equipped and discipled for transformative lifelong missions alongside other young adults who are passionate about following Christ. You will form lifelong friendships as you train and serve together.