Work with immigrants in Santa Rosa, Costa Rica.
Casa Adobe is located in the community of Santa Rosa, Costa, Rica, a community in which various people, both homeless and residents, struggle with drug and alcohol addictions. Children run and play in the streets without supervision. Casa Adobe's mission is to be a community within the community, to be good neighbors, and to live out God's kingdom in a concrete way.
As part of Resonate's Cohort, you will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
This position is designed to create and improve relationships between Casa Adobe and immigrants living in the surrounding community, as well as with organizations who work directly with immigrants and immigration law.
- Devote time to researching and understanding immigration laws proficiently and communicate this information to Casa Adobe's neighbors who are immigrants
- Dedicate time to consistently research and disseminate changes or updates in immigration law
- Establish contacts and relationships with other organizations working with immigrants and immigration law to refer community members for services
- Meet and collaborate with other agencies
- An advanced level of Spanish is required
- Prior experience with immigration services and law, community development, social relations experience, or other cross-cultural experience is helpful but not required
- Ability to work independently and engage in the community is necessary
- An understanding of Latin American culture, or a desire to learn about Latin American culture is necessary
- A desire to live in intentional community is helpful
- Airfare: Varies depending on departure city
- Housing: $250/month
- Food: $300/month
- Transportation: $80/month
- Ministry expenses: $100 total
- Administrative supplies: $100 total
- Cell phone: $40-$150
- Cell phone minutes: $20/month
- Visa extensions: $200 per quarter
- Personal funds: $50/month
- Other: Entrance or exit fees (vary)
- Total: $9,400 per year excluding airfare
Apply or Ask
Want to apply for this opportunity or learn more about it? Just fill out this contact form, please select your preferred contact method below and someone will get back to you with all the details you need.