Casa Adobe, a Resonate partner in Costa Rica, is in need of an English teacher. Casa Adobe is a incarnational Christian Community which reaches out to people in need in the Santa Rosa de Santo Domingo community.
The Cohort is a year-long opportunity for an integrated group of young adults from Central America and North America to volunteer in various ministries alongside Resonate ministry leaders and partners. As part of the Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
In this position, you will lead conversation groups in English on diverse topics for young people over 14 years of age as well as adults. You also will coach students on usage and pronunciation.
Learn more about the Cohort here.
- Organize short courses in English (approximately 6 weeks in length) for girls and boys between 8-13, making use of games, songs, group dynamics, etc.
- Prepare content and material for classes
- Collaborate with Casa Adobe personnel for the promotion of the courses
- Volunteers must be in good health with the ability to travel internationally
- Experience in teaching English and English as a second language preferred
- Willingness to walk with students in their spiritual needs
Food: $75 per month
Accommodations: $490 per month
On-field travel: $85 per month
Ministry expenses: $25 per month
Language classes: $850 per month
Cost will vary depending upon departure city and time of year. Other costs could include passport, visa, immunizations, and insurance.
The application deadline is April 15 if you will require language school ahead of time. The application deadline is July 1 if you will not require intensive language school.
Volunteers must attend pre-field orientation and training in Grand Rapids, Michigan, May 29,30,31 or in Burlington, Ontario, during November.
Additional pre-field reading is required.