Work with people who are living with addictions to drugs and alcohol in Costa Rica.
Casa Adobe is located in the community of Santa Rosa, Costa Rica, a community in which various people, both homeless and residents, struggle with drug and alcohol addictions. Children run and play in the streets without supervision. Casa Adobe's mission is to be a community within the community, to be good neighbors, and to live out God's kingdom in a concrete way.
This position is part of Resonate's Cohort. You will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
This position is designed to create and establish relations between Casa Adobe and people who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol living in the surrounding community as well as with organizations that work directly with addicts and/or provide rehabilitation services.
Learn more about Cohort
- Converse with neighbors to build relationships of trust, gradually inquiring about challenges.
- Develop strategies to assist Casa Adobe in helping those who are chemically dependent.
- Research and develop partnerships with organizations working with addicts.
- An advanced level of Spanish.
- Prior experience with immigration services and law, community development, social relations experience, or other cross-cultural experience is helpful but not required.
- Ability to work independently and engage in the community.
- An understanding of Latin American culture or a desire to learn about Latin American culture.
- A desire to live in intentional community.
- Airfare: Varies depending on departure city
- Housing: $250/month
- Food: $300/month
- Transportation: $80/month
- Ministry expenses: $100 total
- Administrative supplies: $100 total
- Cell phone: $40-$150
- Cell phone minutes: $20/month
- Visa extensions: $200 per quarter
- Personal funds: $50/month
- Other: Entrance or exit fees (vary)
Total: $9,400 per year plus airfare
Additional costs include vaccinations, medical and travel insurance, personal funds, etc. Fundraising assistance is provided and ministry-related expenses are tax-deductible.
Apply or Ask
Want to apply for this opportunity or learn more about it? Just fill out this contact form, please select your preferred contact method below and someone will get back to you with all the details you need.