Casa Adobe is located in the community of Santa Rosa, a community in which various people, both homeless and residents, struggle with drug and alcohol addictions. Children run and play in the streets without supervision. Casa Adobe's mission is to be a community within the community, to be good neighbors, and to live out God's Kingdom in a concrete way.
As part of the Cohort, participants will have the opportunity to engage in direct service, a spiritual formation process, and a theological perspectives training.
This position is designed to create and establish relations between Casa Adobe and drug/alcohol addicts living in the surrounding community as well as with organizations that work directly with addicts and/or provide rehabilitation services.
Visit here for more information on the Cohort of Missioners.
- Converse with neighbors to build relationships of trust, gradually inquiring about challenges.
- Develop strategies to assist Casa Adobe in helping those who are chemically dependent.
- Research and develop partnerships with organizations working with addicts.
- An advanced level of Spanish.
- Prior experience with immigration services and law, community development, social relations experience, or other cross-cultural experience is helpful but not required.
- Ability to work independently and engage in the community.
- An understanding of Latin American culture or a desire to learn about Latin American culture.
- A desire to live in intentional community.
- Airfare: Varies depending on departure city
- Housing: $250/month
- Food: $300/month
- Transportation: $80/month
- Ministry expenses: $100 total
- Administrative supplies: $100 total
- Cell phone: $40-$150
- Cell phone minutes: $20/month
- Visa extensions: $200 per quarter
- Personal funds: $50/month
- Other: Entrance or exit fees (vary)
Total: $9,400 per year plus airfare
Additional costs include vaccinations, medical and travel insurance, personal funds, etc. Fundraising assistance is provided and ministry-related expenses are tax-deductible.